So, finally starting a final spread for this project, I feel strangely on target... Also, listening to some tunes from this playlist http://sharemyplaylists.com/inbetweenersmusic just because I've watched all the episodes so much and this is almost as fun!
Here we go then. The start of my finals for Angry Arthur. I'll put bits and bobs up as I go, but so far I've just done a few little bits. Hopefully by the end of this evening I'll have something decent to show! [Don't hold me to this]
Just a few experiments from the last week or so. This first page is very much inspired by Guim Tio who I found the other week and absolutely love. I've used gouache here with pencil crayon on top instead of oil pastel [ew!] but the result is pretty similar, if not blatantly the same! Haha. Never mind, I've learnt a bit from it which is nice!
Some more successful images here, just starting off with a block of colour and adding into it. I'm really getting into gouache this year, weird eh! Anyway, I like the guy with the moustache. Topical!
Here is my first delve into linocut for a few months, not particularly successful this time! The first image looks bloody scary as well! Accidental eyes and mouth I swears.
Well, this is a new one for me. Character development! I've definitely tried to steer away from people - especially full figures - through the last year without even realising it! Need to sort that out really don't I! Anyway, I think that these have worked pretty well! Quite pleased, but not quite fully formed yet. Need to work out the bodies, which my god is turning out to be harder than I thought!
Side note: every round head I drew turned into a Pilkington - probably subliminal from all the podcasts...
again, Pilkington after not shaving on his travels...